Wednesday, November 30, 2011
- Gerard, better known by his stage name Capital G, is a hip-hop artist from Northern VA who has been flaunting an energetic, fun filled, attention demanding hip-hop presence. In 2008 he moved to Orlando FL to pursue his passion for music and worked day and night developing his sound. After spending two years in Orlando, G retuned to the DMV with a new focus on making a name for himself in the music industry.
Monday, November 28, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
In this intriguing release entitled “Never Get Rid of Me” Baby Sharn throws a lyrical temper tantrum in response to naysayers, nonbelievers and critics of her dreams and aspirations. While courageously and carefully choosing words, such as "Long story short when Baby Sharn's around there is no sequel." Baby Sharn manages to establish a tone of defiance at the thought of anyone going against what she has set out to accomplish inadvertently sparring "Staying strapped with my bible, God with me who can be against me? They can't even take a shot with a rifle and some lenses." Once again Baby Sharn has teamed up with super producer JUDAH to create a song that unveils a different lyrical perspective from Baby Sharn. With mixes provided by DJ Trayze, the finishing touches are perfectly placed on the song, creating a masterful anthem for listeners setting out to accomplish their goals by any means necessary.
Baby Sharn has begun the process of shooting the video for "Never Get Rid of Me" under the production and direction of Sarea Flo Productions. She plans to release the visuals before the end of the month so please stay tuned to www.babysharn.com!
Monday, November 14, 2011
Saturday, November 12, 2011
When you press play on “Spread the Love” you will be greeted by the percussion-infused up-tempo lead single from the EP, “Yea Ok.” The other records featured on the EP are titled “Swag Is Up”, “Ask Me”, “808”, “Put It On Me”, & “#LEZGO”. The slow R&B groove of “Ask Me” sets it up as a favorite for listeners and a clear indication of the capacity this young star has to experiment with a number of different genres. With this project, Chris is definitely striving to prove to people that the love is still paramount, it lives in the music and will continue to grow once you chose to spread it to others.
When asked who her favorite artist is or who she is most often compared to, Chris immediately states, “Aaliyah! She is one of my favorite performers and I have always loved the writing and production on her albums. She was able to make urban, percussive music that was still popular and could crossover. Another favorite of mine is Janet Jackson. She can do a song in any genre and it makes sense. That flexibility and freedom of artistry makes her really timeless in my eyes. I also like what I am hearing from a lot of the ladies at the top of the Pop game right now. Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Avril Lavigne, Ke$ha, etc. I hear a lot of great music coming out and it is really inspiring.” With a list consisting of such talented women, Chris is destined to have success as she has open ears, an open mind and a strong desire to explore and experience a world filled of ever-changing music.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
GRAMMY Nominated Recording Artist Carolyn Malachi invites singers, rappers, poets, and music producers to compete in the Beautiful Dreamer Cover Contest for a chance to win $500 toward their beautiful dream and a feature on her next album.
FOX News , CENTRIC TV, and Clutch Magazine praise the inspirational "Beautiful Dreamer" song, Malachi's follow up to the GRAMMY nominated "Orion". The music video features the point of view of Niya Bell, a nine-year-old genius who escapes to a mystical wood after being bullied by her peers; and grown-up dreamers who work, live, and thrive in the real world.
"A little faith and lots of encouragement can go a very long way," says Malachi about "Beautiful Dreamer". "I receive messages, almost daily, from people who say that the song and the video give them hope. It is my hope that the Beautiful Dreamer Cover Contest extends this thread of inspiration." In addition to awarding the winner with $500, Malachi will also feature the winner on her next album and invite them to experience a private recording session.
Singers, rappers, and poets may write and record original lyrics using the instrumental portion of the "Beautiful Dreamer - Extended Jazz Mix". Music producers and engineers may also compete by sampling the song to create a remix. Malachi and her team will receive submissions (MP3, YouTube video link, or SoundCloud link) at BDCC@CarolynMalachi.com.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Watch the "Beautiful Dreamer" Music Video on CENTRIC, YouTube, or CarolynMalachi.com.
2. Download "Beautiful Dreamer" Extended Jazz Mix on CarolynMalachi.com. The download is free.
3. Singers, Rappers, and Poets: Record vocals using the Beautiful Dreamer - Extended Jazz Mix as background music. Producers: Remix the Beautiful Dreamer - Extended Jazz Mix. Include a sample of Carolyn Malachi's vocals in the submission.
4. Submit the completed cover or remix to Team CM at BDCC@CarolynMalachi.com. Team CM will accept submissions in the form of MP3, YouTube link, BandCamp or SoundCloud link.
5. Tell Carolyn Malachi about your Beautiful Dream. This is a requirement. Send a description of the beautiful dream to Carolyn Malachi via Twitter (remember to add hash tag #BDCC to the Tweet), Facebook Fan Page, or Tumblr. If contestants do not subscribe to either social networking site, they can submit the description of their beautiful dream via e-mail, along with their contest entry.
The Beautiful Dreamer Cover Contest opens on November 1, 2011. December 1, is the deadline for submissions. Team CM will announce five finalists on December 15. Each finalist will be interviewed about their beautiful dream, publicly, on Skype. Public vote will determine the final winner.
Team CM asks that voters consider the altruistic value of the finalists' beautiful dreams as well as quality of the finalists' performances when casting votes. Malachi will reveal the winner on January 1, 2012.