1. It's all been said before.2. Lil Wayne made gay the cool thing to be.3. Thanks to payola, the music being pumped into the masses' heads on the radio is wacker and wacker.4. The "industry" is falling apart. A&R's don't exist and record companies don't serve any real purpose anymore.5. Torkaveli Sessions hasn't dropped yet.
1) THE 80'S GOTTA GO (!!!THE 90'S ARE COMING!!!)2) CRACK RAP IS WACK3)RADIO IS A BUSINESS NOT A RADIO WHERE UR SUPPOSE TO HEAR DIFFERENT ARTIST AN NOT THE SAME ROTATION 4)EVERYBODY IS JOCKING, RIDING,BITING, AN ANYTHING THAT MEANS....STOP DOING WHAT THE NEXT MAN IS DOING AN BE URSELFAN5) STOP BOOTLEGGING, DOWNLOADING AN SUPPORT THE ARTISTWHEN U BOOTLEG OR DOWNLOAD ALBUMS(NOT MIXTAPES) U PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESSI CAN THINK OF MORE BUT U SAID 5
1. The word swag...lord jesus...it's an excuse for bad lyrics..people say things that don't even rhyme and say i can pull it off because of my "swag" 2. Orginality, or the lack there of..everyone sounds the same affraid to break from the norm. Which is why we have no staying power, an all these one hit wonders3. Jockin'...this is more like 2.5 but people try to mimic what's out right now, then by the time they master it, that isn't even the trend no more4. Ringtones...I swear it seems like people makin' songs with the intent of it being a ringtone5. Lyrics? no one is talking bout anything. An its becoming acceptable meaning we accept the bull because nothing else is being offered..radio dj's don't even like what they be playing but we ask for it.I probably could go on but it's 1am an im sleepy
Cinco. Radio has become a minstrel show.Quatro. Everyone knows someone who raps.Tres. Radio sales overshadow lyricism.Dos. Rule #4,080 still exist.Uno. Most don't know what rule #4,080 is =(
1. lil wayne2. lil wayne3. lil wayne4. lil wayne5. lil waynelol!!
1-5. IRONICALLY THE INTERNET. ITS EVER ARTIST' GIFT & CURSE...
1. INTERNET - DOWNLOADING, HELPS THE UP & COMING ARTIST...BUT HURTS THE ARTIST THATS ALREADY SIGNED. 2. MUSIC INDUSTRY ITSELF - IT GOT GREEDY!!!!! ONCE THEY FIGURED OUT HIP HOP WAS A TRILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY THEY RAPE IT!!!!!3. BEEF - EVERYBODY WANNA BE TOUGH GUYS, YES I KNOW BEEFIN HAS BEEN AROUND FOR EVER BUT IT WAS ON WAX. NOW ITS LIKE WWE!!!!!!4. 50 CENT - I WILL LET YA'LL MARINATE ON THAT ONE FOR A MINUTE. 5. TOO CHIEFS, NOT ENOUGH INDIANS - EVERYBODY WANT TO BE A BOSS! EVERYONE WAS NOT PUT HERE TO LEAD, SOME OF US NEED DIRECTION, EVERY WORKER IS NOT CUT OUT TO BE A CEO. JUST LIKE THE STREETS, IF EVERYONE IS A KINGPIN, WHERE ARE THE WORKERS AND THE DOPE FIENDS!
6.Mixtapes are better than albums (and cheaper too lol)Free mixtape vs. $10+ album?
1.Ignorant/uneducated ass niggas getting into rap to make fast money.2 labels push to make hip hip cheap 3. Computers and computer programs making it easy for anyone to get in the game as long as u got 99 bucks u can buy a program 4. Lazy ass niggas not putting effort into music and 5. The appreciation for hip hop is low it has become such a throw away artform
For the most part I agree with Mo Betta. But here's my opinion.1. Nas & the other old rappers yelling Hip Hop is dead. They started that BS cause they sales were declining.2. The Swag thing. I feel like I got be more of a fly guy than a good rapper.3. Money. Its like when you start makin' it, you forget what you rappin' for.4. Lack of street Music. People hate to rap about whats real. What people fail to realize is alot of hip hop was raw. They talked about the streets, drugs, etc. Rap was a code for us to communicate.5. Easy access. Not the kind you thinking bout. lol. Its too easy for people to rap now. You got all these programs for generic beats. Condenser Mics going for 50.00. You got youtube for your videos. Myspace for your music. Anybody can rap now. And believe me. Almost everybody is.
5.Greedylabels4.Radio3.Cheap computer shit2.The youth3.The OG rappersShit is fucked up all the way around. Rap music is like the current economy. It was bound to crash...
Hip-Hop isnt getting whacker... It's whacker now than it was in 1990. True. But hip-hop is better than it was in 2003. Things that have hurt hip-hop..1. anybody can rap (cuz u let yer man slide cuz hes yer boy.. tell him/her they whack!)2. Sample clearance. Why are there so many soft synth beats and stock sounding beats on the radio? because you cant get the same kinda money when u sample. Why? cuz u gotta clear that shit with a publishing house and they take most yer money. 3. clubs. what? yea, mothafuckin clubs! most clubs/bars/lounges, etc only allow cats with black kenneth cole shoes, a puffy shirt and 20 squirts of hair grease dripppin off their collar. Clubs are scared of hip-hop. most hip-hop shows dont make the same at a bar that a rock-n-roll show will. thats why they get the frat boy and sorority girl crowd to come in their puffy shirts and relive their college years at the club. thats also why they got a fuckin jail below sum said clubs. 4. what happened to hip-hop is 4 elements!!! DJ (real djs cut/mix and break records,) MC (there used to be 5 traits u had to have to mc (lyrics, presence, voice, cadence, versatility,) GRAFFITTI (theres more graf on tv than in the streets now,) BREAKDANCE (u cant sweat in yer puffy shirt and keeneth cole shoes.) These elements have shape shifted into a media frenzy of "the look"5. vocoders. fuck u and yer vocoder. shit is triflin. sticky fingaz got a fuckin song with a vocoder for gods sake. if u dont kno sticky fingaz then yer whack! loland finally, swagger been around since beginning the beginning. examples like al green, big daddy kane, mick jagger, slick rick and david bowie immediately pop in head. the word and association of "swagger" is just straight homo-tized.o! which leads me to the final reason hip-hop is whack! all the whack industry cats that got a job thanks to their brother/sister/man, etc... Hip-Hop is CORPORATE!but, this is only the hip-hop that most tom, jerrys and tyrones see. if yer like me, then u dont let that shit affect u and u associate with cats that really are HIP-HOPPPPPPPPPP!
1. CUZ 2. IM NOT3. IN THE4 GAME YET5. DUH!!!!YOU YOU YOU YOU ALREADY KNOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!
1. HIP-HOP AINT REALLY WACKER... IT'S JUST ALOT OF THE NEW MAINSTREAM RAPPERS ARE...DA ONES ON TV AND RADIO ALLDAY...OR THE POPULAR RAPPERS THAT MAKE YOU 4GET ABOUT ALL THE OTHER RAPPERS THAT CAN REALLY SPIT LIKE....ROYCE DA 5'9...CROOKED-I, JADAKISS, JOEL ORTIZ,....I MEAN I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT YOU GET DA POINT...WHEN YALL FINALLY HEAR A LYRICAL NIGGA YALL DONT SUPPORT THEM...OR YALL THINK THEY'RE TOO DIFFERENT OR NOT GANGSTA ENOUGH.2. I KNOW PEOPLE NEED TO STOP GASSIN EVERY NEW RAPPER WITH A HOT 16 SAYIN THEY GREATER THEN VETERANS WHO BEEN IN THE GAME FOR YEARS WITH HIT AFTER HIT AND PLAQUE AFTER PLAQUE AND HAVEN'T EVEN DROPPED A ALBUM...OR CLASSIC ALBUM...EXAMPLE: DAT NEW NIGGA ( YOU PUT A RAPPER) GO BE BETTER THEN JAY-Z....HOW YOU KNOW? IT'S TOO EARLY TO TELL...YOU DONT HEAR LEBRON SAY HE BETTER THEN JORDAN EVEN IF HE IS...HE HASN'T DONE ENOUGH YET...LEBRON MIGHT GET HURT THIS YEAR AND BE OUT FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE...THEN WHAT? WE'LL NEVER KNOW ONLY TIME WILL TELL THAT3. ALOT OF YALL IN THIS ROOM KNOW PEOPLE WHO TOOK PART IN MAKIN HIP-HOP WEAK...MIGHT HAVE BEEN SOME OF YALL..I CANT REALLY BLAME RAPPERS I BLAME DA PEOPLE FOR DAT SHIT. 3. THE INTERNET JI FUCKED IT UP BUT IT'S A GIFT AND A CURSE....IT MESSED IT UP FOR THE LABELS...BUT IF YOU HOT, INDEPENDANTLY YOU CAN EAT REAL GOOD OFF THE WEB LIKE SPIDERS LOL.4. WACK ASS RAPPERS ARE VERY INFLUENTIAL THESE DAYS..SO THEY MAKE ALL THE THE NEW UP AND COMIN RAPPERS FEEL LIKE THAY HAVE TO SPIT WACK TO GET IN THE GAME AND IT CAUSES A WHOLE BREED OF NEW GENERATION WACKNESS...MYSPACE HELPED OUT ALOT TOO...CUZ IT GAVE PEOPLE A WAY TO BE RAPPERS AND PRODUCERS KNOWIN DAMN WELL THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.5. AINT ENOUGH DMV RAPPERS IN IT TO GIVE DAT MUHFUCKA SOME NEW FLAVOR...NEW SLANG...NEW STORIES...NEW ACSENTS...JUST NEW SHIT...HIP-HOP NEED DAT...IT'S JUST DA SAME THING.BUT I CAN GO ON AND ON LIKE ERYKAH BADU ABOUT THIS SUBJECT.OH BY THE WAY.YOU YOU YOU YOU ALREADY KNOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!
1. Limited Lyricists2. Rappers acting too tuff3. Too much Trap Rap4. Not enough creativity5. Too many opinions of what hip hop is!
5. Old ass rappers comsuming space for new talent. When NBA players retire they become sports analysts. Not return 4x.4. The internet aka the demise of record sales.3. Everybody wants to be a rapper. Especially those without any outstanding talent. Too many average rappers getting better opportunities than me.2. G*Two doesn't have a record deal yet.1. The radio does not support local artists. I've never heard one artist on this blog get played on a local station. And if you have got spins i still haven't heard it.Tweezy has spoken. One Man Army Coming Soon. Judah check that inbox brotha.
1. I feel like labels put to much effort for PR for their established artists!!! (So don't be mad @ Souja Boy he put himself on!!!!) But for the new artists who aren't as PR saavy or "marketable" they need more help. Which I feel can leave the game pretty stale. In other genres of music the "big dawgs" have cult-like followings. So after an U2 joint drops them fans know when the next joint is gonna drop. So that's why a Jay-Z album doesn't need pub like his old label mates Freeway & Beenie Sigel.2. Bring back that '98-'04 era of hip-hop when the south was doing their thing and so was the north...I miss the powerhouse labels from up north (i.e. Rocafella [in its prime])3. For this area in particular (DMV)...where the fuck are we?? We need to support our local artists more. Some though [artists] should check the CLASSIFIEDS. *B.I.G. voice "Don't Be Mad UPS is hiring"* WALE, TABBI, CIRCLE BOYZ, ONE WAY all of them dudes put out some good product. Support them dudes!!4. D-Boy rap is not whack...if thats what you where then thats what you where!!! Meaning if thats where you come from then thats where you come from. Honestly I feel that Young Jeezy dropped one of the best & sleep-on albums this quarter. But be careful with the popularity of Blogsites if you don't have the D-boy credentials you can get exposed (i.e. Rick Ross with the C.O. fiasco). Everyone wants to be a "trendy-rapper." Not a swipe at anyone but if thats your lane then go ninety mphs on that muth*f*****!!!5. Trend-hoppers...(bitters). Just do you. (The vocoder belongs to T-Pain since we no longer have Roger Troutman. LOL!!) Leaves the game with no originality!!!![PLEASE EXCUSE THE ESSAY] (I was @ work bored)
IN RESPONSE TO RADIO GUY:TO SAY THAT THE YOUTH IS THE REASON FOR HIP HOP'S CURRENT STATE OF [WACKNESS] IS ABSURD.THE YOUTH, LIKE ME IS WHAT IS KEEPING IT ALIVE. IF YOU BLAME ANYONE, BLAME THE "OLD GUYS" UPSTAIRS. HIP HOP WAS DESIGNED FOR THE YOUTH, SO THATS A MAJOR CONTRADICTION.UN-LEARN
1. No More Innovation....!2. The South is the norm for all rap music....mostly....to make a hit in america that is!3. Radio Stations / and corny Rap executives!4. Limited Mind Use......you think about it.....and stay away from the fucking television!5. Unks.......! They love that fake ass Gangsta shit....especially lil wayne the King Unk of them all! BKS....is here to change that and you know it!To Judah this was your best blog post ever! And please dont pay any attention to chazz...he does not represent us in no fashion or form!
todays youth is just plain out uneducated and ignorant as ever. Wayne, soulja boy are a clear products of that. Greedy is also a apart of it. MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.
Mass Potential here to weigh in like a prize fighter...1. The radio shows no love... and the love that IS shown, is at like 2am when the public is sleep or at the club2. Not enough unity in DC. We have the style that can take over, but like my man GTwo said, we still have that "crabs in a barrel" mentality3. Everyone is trying to be just like the last rapper... everyone is afraid to be original and just tell "their" story... we know you not a killer dog... tell us about what you ARE, not what your favorite rapper is (cause he's prolly not)4. I want to say Lil Wayne, but its not his fault. Yeah, he's flooding the game with wackness, but its not his fault. He's just getting his money. Its the fans. They know its not hot, so just be cool.5. This conversation. Instead of talking about why its wack... lets work together to resurrect... yo, Judah, post THAT question, homie.-Mass PotentialVOTE FOR OBAMA!
1. Songs with dances.2. Haters..everywhere.3. Lack of new sounds..old ideas and topics being recycled.4. Youngins being fake when they rap. Everyone's a thug.5. EVERYONE RAPS.Realest 5 Reasons.Bong.
1. L2. M3. F4. A5. Othat is all.
LORD FORGIVE ME, AND I HATE TO BE AN ASSHOLE....BUT WHY EVERYONE HATES ON A LIL WAYNE SO MUCH?WHY?IT SEEMS LOCAL RAPPERS WHO HAVE BEEN GRINDING FOR YEARS BUT HAVE NEVER MADE IT JUST ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT MAN...I DONT UNDERSTANDSTOP WORRYING ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE LIL WAYNE IS OR HOW MUCH SYRUP HE DRINKS OR HOW HE DOES GAY SHIT...AND WHY NOT, UMMM, TRY TO MAKE PEOPLE LIKE U AS MUCH AS THEY LIKE HIM?WHO THE FUCK CARES IF U ARE GREAT RAPPER LYRICALLY...YOU DONT HAVE ANY FANS. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THAT ANYMORE.AND BESIDES, HOW CAN U HATE ON SOMEONE THAT COINED THE PHRASES "BLING" AND "DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT" WHICH ARE USED IN FUCKING ADAM SANDLER MOVIES AND SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE AND OLD WHITE PEOPLE? WTF?HAVE YOU CREATED A SLANG TERM THAT HAS NOW BRANCHED OVER TO EVERY DEMOGRAPHIC IN THE DEVELOPED WORLD?NO...YOU HAVENT.BUT YOU HAVE GREAT METAPHORS.SHEESH....I CUT BAD FEMALES ON A DAILY BASIS WHO ALL LOVE LIL WAYNE AND WOULD DO ANYTHING HE ASKEDWHY?I DONT KNOWI OPENED UP A SHOW FOR SLIM AND WHEN HE WENT ON STAGE HE TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF AND THE GIRLS WENT CRAZY LIKE IVE NEVER SEEN WITH ANY OTHER ARTISTDOES THAT HAPPEN WHEN YALL PREFORM AT OPEN MICS?NOT SOOO MUCH...NOT SO MUCH AT ALL-WHITEFOLKZ A.K.A. The Hand Up The Mona Lisa's Skirt;-)P.S. THIS MESSAGE WAS MOSTLY INTENDED TOWARDS MO BETTA...BUT ANYONE WHO DOESNT LIKE IT...WELL...FOLKZ LOVES YOU.
1. LIL WAYNE2. THE INTERNET3. SOULJA BOY4. CRACK RAP5. NO ONE HAS PRODUCTION FROM MARTY (HAD TO PUT IN THE PLUG ITS ONLY RIGHT LOL)
YOOOOOO...Tone P. of The BKS...im from the south and ummm....i may not have had the same opportunity to work with more exposed artist as you have..but i know mos-def im more talented than you..so with that being siad i could easily say that YOU might be the reason why hip-hop is "Wacker"...if thats a word....but you really dont need 5 reasons why hip-hop music is suffering..all you need is one..and thats because niggas be hoppin on supporting bullshit because bull shit appearently is the new thing now..lol..im ghostP-eZY
@ pezy, i hear you son tone p is a mark but my 5 are5. money4. old rappers taking all the deals3. radio is corporate sponsored2. weak music1. anything under platinum no success wtf
iRep...Dc...Pg!!!1. The international Hip Hop community hasn't quite fully realized yet that DC GOT NEXT!!!2. Too many siskel & ebert ass niggaz who really don't know wut da hell dey talking about.3. Rapping bout your life purpose, having a story to relay in song, & being real isn't as popular as catchy wordplay & image...peep the transition from 1998 Lil' Wayne to 2008 Lil' Wayne...why you think he's so popular?4. Sales are being praised over lyricism.5. The internet...it's a double edged sword.http://www.deucedouble.blogspot.com
Post a Comment